The leading causes of joint pain
Joint pain refers to the aches, soreness, and discomfort experienced in any of your body’s joints. Joint discomfort is usually felt in the feet, knees, spine, hips, and hands. Some patients also complain of a throbbing, “grating,” or burning sensation at their joints. Joint pains often affect the normal functioning of your joint by limiting your ability to perform certain tasks. Although joint pains do not typically necessitate immediate medical assistance, they sometimes can be triggered by a physical injury or an illness. In this post, we will take a closer look at the possible treatments for Las Vegas joint pain. Here you will get to know all about how to improve joint health. Let’s begin with that.
What are the causes of joint pain?
Joint pains tend to worsen and become alarmingly common with age. Joint pain can affect any part of your body, from your shoulders and hands to your ankles and feet. Below are some of the leading causes of joint pain:
- Physical injury
- A breakdown of the cartilage in the kneecap or chondromalacia of the patella
- Lupus, gout, bursitis
- An infection of the joint or bone
- Some infectious diseases, such as hepatitis, influenza, and mumps
- Overuse of a joint
What are the symptoms of joint pain?
The symptoms of joint pain usually range from mild to severe. If left untreated for a long time, it can lead to life-altering consequences. The following are some of the common symptoms of joint pain:
- Enlarged or stiff joint
- Difficulty straightening or bending a joint
- Loss of motion
- Clicking, snapping, grinding, or noisy sounds when moving the joint.
Treatments for Joint Pain
Fortunately, you can manage the resulting symptoms of joint pain with physical therapy, medication, or other alternative treatment solutions. When you consult your healthcare provider, they will first diagnose and treat the immediate condition causing your joint pain problems. Below are some of the treatment options that can be recommended to help lower joint pain and inflammation as well as preserve the normal joint function:
- Topical treatments, such as gels or ointments, that can be rubbed over the affected joint area to help relieve the pain. Most of these topical treatments may be available over the counter or may be prescribed by your practitioner.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen) or Acetaminophen may help ease joint pain. Weaker doses of this medicine can be found over the counter but are not suitable for people with a medical history of kidney disease, liver disease, or stomach ulcers.
- Dietary supplements, like glucosamine. However, you are advised to first consult with your healthcare provider before taking any of these supplements.
- Physical exercise, such as swimming, walking, or any other low-impact aerobic exercise, can help improve your joint strength and function. Make sure to first consult with your doctor before enrolling in any exercise program.
- At-home treatments include applying an ice bag or heating pad on the affected joint for short periods and several times daily. You can also try soaking the affected joint in a warm bathtub.
At Modern Wellness Clinic, we are fully aware of how joint pains can devastate a person’s daily life. Therefore, we provide all our patients with highly effective and customized treatment solutions for their sore, achy, and stiff joints. Feel free to visit our office in Las Vegas, Nevada, to help lower your joint discomfort and perform your day-to-day activities with ease. Call us today at 702-465-9159 to book an appointment.