Tiredness, fatigue, & brain fog are disastrous for productivity. Fortunately, there exist natural & pharmaceutical nootropics that can help. Using this kind of drug can aid you in curbing mental fatigue & can make you more energetic & alert. Most of them work well without inducing side effects & without putting you at risk of addiction or dependence. This review will look at the best nootropics to fight fatigue. It will also discuss how they help with energy & performance, the benefits of supplementing with nootropics, plus the possible negative effects of using this kind of meds. Let’s dive in.
What Are Nootropics?
A nootropic, or a “smart drug,” is a supplement or drug that superbly boosts cognitive function and can make you stay energetic & focused for long periods. There are a lot of nootropics to choose from, including caffeine and ginseng, which can sharpen your mind and increase your stamina at the same time. In addition to natural nootropics, there are synthetic ones designed in a lab. They can be administered alone or in a mix to achieve better effects. Most nootropics come in capsule/pill form, though alternatives like liquid or powder are also available.
Generally, nootropics fall into 3 categories: prescription drugs, synthetic compounds, & dietary supplements . Synthetic compounds include piracetam, phenylpiracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam, & nebracetam. Prescription drugs are the ones that were approved for the treatment of specific health conditions like depression and narcolepsy. These include modafinil (Provigil), armodafinil (Nuvigil), amphetamines (Adderall), memantine (Axura), etc. Dietary supplements are products that people add to their diet to enhance their health or wellness. Some include ginkgo, L-theanine, creatine monohydrate, huperzine A, Bacopa monnieri, CDP-choline, & more.
How Do Nootropics Help with Energy and Performance?
Nootropics act on the brain by augmenting dopamine levels, lessening inflammation, enhancing blood flow, & encouraging cell growth. They also affect some other neurotransmitters, such as noradrenaline, glutamate, & serotonin, thus increasing their concentration in the brain. In this way, they can help with energy and performance by ameliorating focus, memory, & vigilance. Besides, they can lessen fatigue & ameliorate motivation. That’s the reason many individuals turn to nootropics to upgrade their productivity & gain an edge over their competitors.
Keep in mind that even the most suitable nootropic supplement will not fully provide advantages if you aren’t maintaining a healthy lifestyle. However, if you’re super healthy & taking care of your body, adding such products to your diet can ultimately aid you in reaching optimal results by improving overall health & helping address some conditions.
Benefits of Supplementing with Nootropics
Healthy individuals across the globe, including students, business executives, professionals, & factory workers, widely use “smart drugs” for various purposes. But what are the benefits of supplementing with this kind of product?
Nootropic enthusiasts get the following benefits from the use of cognitive enhancers:
- laser-like focus;
- increased energy;
- better mental performance;
- increased alertness;
- reduced reaction times;
- augmented motivation & attention;
- enhanced memory & reasoning skills;
- lessened stress;
- optimized brain plasticity & great brain cell regeneration.
Nootropics may even provide many more cognitive benefits for users. However, be sure to select the one that fully meets your needs.
Possible Side Effects from Using Nootropics?
While most nootropics are deemed safe, there are some possible negative effects you ought to be aware of. Besides, some substances & supplements can interact with other meds you may be administering. Thus, you should consult your physician before beginning any new supplement regimen if you’re taking other meds.
Below are the most common side effects of “smart drugs” :
- memory loss;
Such symptoms usually appear in first-time users, but they go away on their own over time. Other negative effects, particularly severe ones, can occur. These include restlessness, psychosis, and anxiety. Follow the prescription and seek medical advice if you show any strange symptoms.
Consider that most racetams (like piracetam and phenylpiracetam) are considered safe with a low risk of negative effects. Natural nootropics are also generally safe for users, as their action in the body is much subtler compared to pharmaceutical-grade substances such as Adderall.
Top Natural Nootropics to Fight Fatigue
Nootropics for fatigue can aid in naturally reinvigorating an energy-depleted brain for augmented cognitive clarity, stamina, mood, motivation, & all-around mental performance. Such products ameliorate the brain’s natural energy capacity, as opposed to stimulating brain energy via unnatural, synthetic pathways.
Caffeine is considered one of the most efficacious natural supplements. It increases the body’s energy quickly, which leads to better brain performance. This has been the prime reason for its popularity. Other top natural nootropics for fatigue management include the following:
- L-theanine: This substance provides relaxation, regulates emotions, mood, & concentration, and increases energy. It also decreases physical & mental fatigue ;
- vitamin B12: It ameliorates cognitive function, reduces depressive signs, & improves fatigue ;
- Rhodiola rosea: It boosts energy, strength, stamina, & mental capacity, ameliorates athletic performance, remarkably resists the effects of stress, & helps manage anxiety, depression, & other symptoms . Due to its adaptogenic properties, this supplement can help reduce fatigue .
There are several other natural nootropics that can help you beat fatigue and gain an edge. Such products are safe, with a low risk of negative effects when administered in the recommended doses.
The Best Nootropics for More Energy
Optimal energy greatly undergirds motivation & permits you to carry out cognitive or physical tasks efficaciously. If you have the right mindset for nootropics use (e.g., awareness of their risks & how to avoid them), you’re in an excellent position to gain an edge.
Here is a list of the best nootropics for energy:
- Vyvamind: It helps boost energy levels & mental performance. It also ameliorates focus & concentration, improves memory, increases information processing speed, lessens stress & anxiety, and enhances motivation. These effects are achieved due to its ingredients: vitamin B12, L-theanine, and citicoline, among others;
- NooCube: The supplement heightens mental performance, focus, & energy levels. It contains 13 ingredients, including Bacopa monnieri extract, L-tyrosine, & L-theanine, which provide cognitive benefits;
- modafinil & armodafinil: These drugs effectively ameliorate mental alertness, focus, and energy. One of the most popular armodafinil brands is Strong Artvigil 250mg, which contains an extra 100 mg, making it extremely effective in increasing energy levels. Meds are often used by healthy individuals looking to stay awake & alert and boost their cognitive performance. Although they are prescription drugs, they are considered safe & well-tolerated;
- Mind Lab Pro: The dietary supplement contains several nootropic substances including L-theanine, vitamin B6, Bacopa monnieri, and vitamin B12, due to which it offers numerous cognitive benefits. It boosts energy, mood, motivation, memory retention, & info processing speed. It also helps reduce anxiety and brain fog, plus it prevents degeneration of brain cells & ameliorates brain health.
There are several other best nootropics for energy. However, the list above only gives some of the best ones you can consider using to get the best results.
This guide has covered all the important info about nootropics for energy & others benefits they offer. It’s important to understand that not all nootropics are made equal; some are more efficacious than others. Prescription meds like modafinil and armodafinil are considered better than other nootropics because they have proven effectiveness and demonstrate a high safety profile. Still, a great way to find the best nootropic for you is to experiment & see what works well for you. When used appropriately, most nootropics can offer insanely great benefits for increasing energy levels and improving mental performance. They sharpen attention, ameliorate focus, improve memory, & more, just for cleaner, calmer, & finer-tuned stimulation without the risk of burnout.
- What Are Nootropics? By Barbara Brody. Medically reviewed by Dan Brennan. Published: July 18, 2022. Retrieved: November 13, 2022. Webmd.com.
- What Are Nootropics (Smart Drugs)? Types, Safety, & Addiction Risks. By The Recovery Village. Medically reviewed by Dr. Bonnie Bullock, PHD. Retrieved: November 13, 2022. Therecoveryvillage.com.
- What You Need to Know About L-theanine. Published: August 29, 2017. Reviewed by Lybi Ma. Psychologytoday.com.
- Effects of Vitamin B12 Supplementation on Cognitive Function, Depressive Symptoms, and Fatigue: A Systematic Review, Meta-Analysis, and Meta-Regression. By Stefan Markun, Isaac Gravestock, et al. Published: March 2021. Retrieved: November 13, 2022. Pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.
- Rhodiola. Last updated: October 2020. Retrieved: November 13, 2022. Nccih.nih.gov.
- 7 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Rhodiola rosea. By Gavin Van De Walle and Karen Lamoreux. Medically reviewed by Jillian Kubala. Updated: August 10, 2021. Retrieved: November 13, 2022. Healthline.com.